Sunday, May 29, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

Man, summer is bringing the triple threat of part-time classes (Fiction and Sign Language Interpreting), part-time job (Borders!!! 4th in the company!), and part-time social life (boyfriend and best friend back in the state). I swear, my time only has two parts to it, not three! Oh well, such is life, right?

That said, my blogging is going to be more sporadic than usual. I do have plenty of books I'm reading (Hounded by Kevin Hearne, Bayou Moon by Ilona Andrews, Soul Born by Kevin Breaux), so I'll have some new reviews up (and my Kobo is working again, so anything on Smashwords or in an EPUB, PDF, or non-DRM'd format you want reviewed, send them in!). Updates on FAERIE GAMES should be coming in soon, though I have to say a second pair of eyes would be appreciated on more final line-edits, if anyone is interested.

Meanwhile, finding time to write in between all this is getting to be a trial all it's own. Finding a regular writing schedule is going to be a definite asset so I can keep up my page count on my latest WIP. It hits me, that's actually a really good asset of a writing routine, whether it be daily or not. Setting aside a specific time, making time for the writing instead of waiting for inopportune inspiration actually seems to breed inspiration. A very insightful group of ladies at a blog called Let the Words Flow coined the process of BICHOK (Butt In Chair, Hands On Keyboard). It really is that simple sometimes. It takes some training, your body and muse needs to get used to the atmosphere of its work. Me, personally, my body craves routine. My muse works best in an organized atmosphere because it matches my thoughts. My characters need some order in my head so I can hear their voice properly.

So, I wish you luck in finding your writing rhythm, I'm certainly going to have fun finding mine this summer. Any tips? What works for you in your work?

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Sorry it took me so long to comment but I'm being drowned by homework. I wish I had a good tip for you, but all I can say is just keep moving forward even if it is only inch by inch. Best of luck in your classes this summer.

    ReplyDelete